After 6 years in Dragon Lodge No. 1 and 6 years in Dragon Lodge No. 2 we will be at Dragon Lodge mark 3 for the 5th winter season in 2013/2014
The lodge has 3 floors:
The main, middle floor, has the spacious living & dining room with great south facing views over the mountains – the perfect place to start the day with breakfast and a great view of the slopes you’re about to conquer.
After a day on the hill come back here to relax and grab some tea & freshly made cake – the tea/coffee/drinks facilities are free to use any time for guests.
Also on this floor there’s a sun terrace and south facing balcony running the full length of the lodge with great views to get you going in the morning and to relax with a drink in front of after a long day on the slopes.
Check out the view from the balcony – taken on 5th November 2009
In the Living room there’s a TV/DVD player, movies, stereo with i-pod connection, Xbox & games all free to use. There’s also a selection of games, magazines and books and free WIFI access.
The Dining room is where you’ll enjoy breakfast, our hearty 3 course evening meals each evening and where you’ll relax and socialize with your fellow guests, catch up on the tales of the day and make plans for tomorrow.
Finally on this floor is our fully equipped snowboard and ski storage & maintenance room – free for you to use or where we can service your equipment for you.
The lodge has a total of 9 bedrooms over the 3 floors:
Rooms 1, 2 & 3 are downstairs, from the main living room. They share a shower room, another bathroom (bath, sink & WC) and another separate WC. All three rooms were refurbished in 2009:
• Room 1: 2 person – double bed. While not having an exterior window (we offer a reduced rate because of this) room 1 is spacious, and perfect for couples.
• Room 2: 3 person – double & single bed. South facing window – perfect for couple, family or small group to share.
• Room 3: 3 person – 1 x bunks & 1 x single bed. South facing window – perfect for small group of singles to share ‘bunk room’ style with like minded people.
Rooms 4 to 9 are upstairs and are split into 3 separate, apartment style ‘mini-lodges’.
With two bedrooms each they share their own private living room areas which are perfect for relaxing before and after riding/skiing. With sofa & table seating for 5 or 6 people they also have their own kitchenette area so can be totally self contained and come complete with TV/DVD/Xboxe/Ipod speakers, WIFI etc. as an added bonus to the facilities in the main living room (which guests also have access to of course)
There’s also a balcony running the length of this floor with the same great south facing views as downstairs (see photo above)
From each living room are accessed two bedrooms – a twin/double and triple room (up a short, steep stair case above the living room – NB stairs are steep and could be difficult to ascend/descend for very young children or elderly guests – please ask for more details if you’re worried about this) and are set-up as follows:
• Two of the 2 person rooms have two single beds which can be put together as twins or apart as singles (as you request) and have small windows looking out onto the slopes.
• The central apartment/mini-lodge’s 2 person room has no window (we offer a reduced rate because of this) but does have a double bed so it’s a perfect hideaway for couples.
• The three triple rooms have a bunk and single bed combo and have great views out over the slopes.
• Each mini-lodge has its own bathroom with shower, WC and bath.
These 3 ‘mini-lodges’ are good to share with like minded guests, or perfect to book out for smaller groups or families and of course access to, and use of, all the lodge’s facilities are included, as are all 1/2 board and B&B options.