Other than Skiing & Snowboarding on the glacier (details of which are on the main Summer info page) there are a wealth of other activities on offer in Tignes in the summer…many are free to use and are listed below, while the paid activities are listed lowed down the page.
Mountainbiking – over 150KM of trails, downhill and cross country, across the Tignes & Val D’Isere area. Lifts are free for walkers and mountainbikers from June 29th to September 1st 2013.
– Palafour chairlift: 10am-1pm / 1:30pm-5pm
– Tufs chairlift: 10am-12.30pm / 1pm-5pm (access to Val d’Isère MTB trails)
– TSD Solaise express : 9:30am-12:30pm / 1pm-4:30pm
– TPHD Olympique : 9:45am-noon / 12:30pm-4:45pm
– TSD Borsat : 10:15am-12:30pm / 1pm-4:15pm
There are also free to use bike cleaning & inflation areas in Tignes le Lac and Tignes Val Claret.
Get your FREE LIFT PASS, hire a mountain bike from us Start Line MTB where Dragon Lodge guests will receive a 10% discount on downhill or hard tail , get out & enjoy all the elements this amazing, up & coming alpine bike park has to offer.
Startline’s new website is also the mountain bike guide to Tignes & Val D’Isere so go check it out for info on Tignes bike trails, parks, bike hire, guiding, lessons etc…
Cycling – If mountainbiking’s not your thing there are many other cycling options in Tignes, from BMX in the skatepark (details below) to road biking on the many scenic routes around Tignes (including sections and climbs, like the Tignes to Bourg St. Maurice ride and the Col De L’Iseran climb, cycled during the Tour de France over the years) while in Tignes there are many mellow, relaxing, family friendly routes like the cycle paths around the lake.
Skatepark – free open access daily to the 800 m² park on the lakeside which has ramps, rails, boxes and other features for all levels of skateboarders, BMXers etc.
Other Activities – with the ‘Sportignes Card’ which is free to all you can try more than 20 sporting activities during your holiday in Tignes:
Free but booking required:
– Acroland (from 12 years old) : Water jump, Hot jumping, Blob Jump
– Archery (from 6 years old)
– Beach soccer
– Beach volley
– Football practice area
– Multisports practice area
– Tennis (Sport Beach and Lavachet activities area) – tennis rackets rental not included
Free with no pre-booking required can be busy at peak times though
– Air rifle shooting (adult card only)
– Table Football
– Beach soccer (outside opening hours)
– Beach volleyball (outside opening hours)
– Crazy Airbag (from 8 years old)
– Football practice area (outside opening hours)
– Mini-golf (1 entrance per card)*
– Multisports practice area (outside opening hours)
– Table Tennis
– Swimming-pool of the Lagon (2 entrances per card)
– Tennis (Val Claret – outside opening hours) – tennis rackets rental not included
– Water sports centre : pedal boat, kayak, canoë, stand-up paddle, catamaran
Golf – Located at over 21oom Tignes 18 hole golf course is the highest in Europe. Winding around the lake and across the mountainside, it features a series of great holes, crossing streams from the glacier and other water features, gullies etc.
Green Fees – Adult fee is 49€ per round. From June 22nd to June 28th and from August 31th to September 6th 2013 there is a buy 1 green fee, get one free deal in operation.
Open every days 8.30am-6.30pm June 22nd – September 8th 2013 Possibility of having lunch to the restaurant of the golf – for full rates click here
Kids Club – located at the lakeside the kids club caters for children in multiple age groups:
– 3.5-4.5 years
– 5-6 years
– 7-9 years
– 10-12 years
– 13-15 years
Registration at kids’ club chalet 2-6pm every Sunday.
Activities start at 9:15am and 1:50pm Monday to Friday) at kids’ club chalet (next to aquatic recreation centre).
Children’s rates: (3.5 to 9 years old)
Full week: €135
10 half-days: €152
Adolescent rates: (10 to 15 years old)
Full week: €155
10 half-days: €165
Information: +33 4 79 40 04 40