DRAGON LODGE 2019 JAPAN POWDER QUEST TRIP!
Dragon Lodge X Ezon Snow 2019 Trip
If you’re reading this then chances are you love snowboarding…whether carving a piste or sliding a rail, hitting kickers or hiking for the holy grail of deep powder turns…the joy we get from the simple act of sliding on snow is unmistakable.
Snowboarding is obviously about the love of riding, but its also about much than the physical act of riding, it’s about traveling, about being in the mountains, spending time with friends and like minded folk from all over the world.
One of the most memorable experiences we’ve had that combine these things have been in Japan – travelling to new places, experiencing wildly different culture, meeting amazingly friendly people, eating incredible food…and riding epic powder
After a number of trips to Japan to shred the legendary powder in Niseko over the last 10 years the Dragon Lodge crew are this year planning another trip. Once again it’ll be hosted by local guiding company Ezon Snow whose local knowledge on and off the hill is second to none.
Above: Dragon Lodge co-founder & Ezon Snow guide Owain Bassett has spent 15 years riding Niseko powder like this…
* 12 nights accommodation – self catered, twin share rooms in a 3 bedroom lodge in Niseko. January 16th – 28th 2019
* 6 full days guiding – in resort, nighter, lift / gate accessed back-country and snow shoe / hiking back-country areas
* 6 full days free riding powder
* Lift passes as needed for the 6 guided days (Niseko, Grand Hirafu, Annapuri, Hanazono & Moiwa)
* Back-country equipment – snow shoes, avalanche tranciever & back-pack
* Airport transfers from Sapporo to Niseko return
* Local transport – 2 vehicles for the crew for the duration to access the best zones.
* Off snow hosting – our local knowledge to make sure you get the authentic Japanese experience off the hill – from best places to eat, drink & shop and essential cultural customs like the after riding hot spring onsens!
* International flights
* Travel & winter sports insurance
* Food & drink
* Hire boards / split-boards if needed
* Hotel accommodation for layover in Tokyo or Sapporo
Ezon Snow is the guiding company run by Dragon Lodge co-founder Owain Bassett who has been living, riding and guiding in Niseko for the last 10 years, so setting this trip up will reunite the original lodge crew. With lodge co-founder and owner John Bassett leading the group alongside partner, lodge manager and all round powder ripper Will Hughes the plan is to help our powder quest crew to get the most out of their trip – the best riding each day depending on snow conditions which Owain’s local knowledge will guarantee. John & Will’s lodge hospitality experience, and knowledge of the town and areas mountains picked up on many previous trips, to help make sure the crew get the best and fullest Japanese cultural experience on and off the snow.
We will pick you up each day, head to the chosen powder stash for that day. The selection of little resorts in the Niseko area are a little spread out, so having our own van for the week (which you can drive) will ensure we can get to wherever the snow’s best that day. Wherever we choose, be it magical Moiwa, gate accessed side-country in Niseko, night-time powder sessions or a snowshoe hike or split-board mission into the backcountry, we’ll be sure to get the best snow each day that the conditions allow.
You’ll be staying in a great 3 bedroom house in the Niseko Country Resort just a short drive from Niseko village, with a free shuttle bus service (and your own personal van) – perfect for shops, restaurants and night time activities! We’ll also take you to the best places to eat, drink, shop…and also to experience the hot spring Onsens after riding!
The 12 day trip, with 6 full days guiding is the basic package – if you want to stay longer we can arrange the accommodation for that with added days either side of our week.
We can also advise on best flights, weather straight to Sapporo (usually via Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul or Hong Knog) or with a stopover in Tokyo to experience that side of Japan too, which we’ve always done on previous trips and can thoroughly recommend
For more info or to book email firstname.lastname@example.org